Progress on the Steampunk Bass Build

Last summer, I left this bass off with new parts. I managed to concoct a coat of paint that was a blend of copper and bronze, so it would simulate aged copper. However, I didn’t really know how to get other aspects of the look I wanted. Like the reflective surface of copper and the tint of patina.

I was working on some orders for the Etsy store and found some new finishing supplies to experiment with. As I worked with them, it seemed likely I could do the finish I really wanted on this bass. I streaked it with a blend of copper and cosmic blue guilding paste.

The bass started looking much closer to what I really wanted, in terms of an aged copper finish. A few hours later, the final version flashed through my brain. On my next break, I got back to work…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *